Issue Eight...your thoughts.

A place for you to let us know your thoughts on what we are doing, and put forward ideas for the zine.

Issue Eight...your thoughts.

Postby Raven on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 pm

So some of you should be receiving your copies now...what do you think?
Do you have a favourite piece? Please share your thoughts with us :)
'May night hold you safe in her velvet embrace'
Raven
Site Admin

Re: Issue Eight...your thoughts.

Postby sallystartup on Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:08 pm

I have just finished reading my copy and I'm very impressed. It's lovely (and not just because my story's in it).
sallystartup

Postby Andy on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:05 am

I loved it, and like Sallystartup not just cos I'm in there.

To be honest I'm in the middle of reading a H P Lovecraft collection of short stories, and so I thought I'd read these stories here and notice a big difference in style and quality. But no, not really; imho there wasnt that much of a gap, which I think is amazing for a small mag like this.

There isn't a story or poem in there that I thought was worse than good (if you see what I mean, nothing poor or even just average). A few stood out for me, though.

The Thirteenth Hole was a phenomenal amalgam of dark horror and faerie(ish) fantasy done with such a light touch. Fabulous.

The Shadow Inside, great imagination, effortless build up of tension in so few lines. I really identified with the weird feeling of being alone in an office at night. I had real relief when it was the janitor and I loved the way the end and the beginning parried each other.

I loved The Vampire and the Witch too, loved the way it went straight into their fully-formed world and the little twist at the end.

Imo though all the stories and the poems were well worth reading, it was a pleasure reading them folks, thanx alot and cheers! :D
Andy

Postby nudul on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:48 pm

I receieved my copy a couple of days ago (infact the same day that I got my final mark for my Creative Writing Diploma with the Open University) and was astounded by the talent shown in such a small mag as Andy says x
Kirstyanne xxxxx

Do not hate the bear with little hair, for love alone has worn away the pristine fur of yesterday.

http://nudul1985.spaces.live.com/
nudul

Postby Raven on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:06 am

Thanks for your thoughts folks. I am really glad that you enjoyed the zine and that you were happy with the way it turned out :D
'May night hold you safe in her velvet embrace'
Raven
Site Admin

Return to Thoughts And Suggestions