Your Thoughts On The First Issue.

A place for you to let us know your thoughts on what we are doing, and put forward ideas for the zine.

Your Thoughts On The First Issue.

Postby ethereal on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:35 pm

So, the first issue was available on Friday 24th October.
A few people already have their copies and we are of course interested in knowing what you all think of it.
Feel free to tell me all, good or bad, and if you have any especially glowing comments please take a moment to leave a few words on the ethereal tales myspace or facebooks accounts... ;)
ethereal
Site Admin

Re: Your Thoughts On The First Issue.

Postby Luner on Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi everyone,

Just to say a big congrats to all on our first issue! *Pats everyone on the back*
So to say a big ty and well done to Raven for her vision of the magazine and a job well done.

I got my first issue today and was pleasantly shocked at just how professional the whole thing looked.
Starting to read some of the stories I got really hooked! I got really excited flicking through, I think we have got some thing really positive to celebrate. So well done all.

Here's hoping Ethereal goes from strength to strength!
Luner

Postby Raven on Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:07 pm

Thanks Luner for your kind words, you have been a great support throughout as you always believed I could do it...and it is all much appreciated.
I have to say that I am relieved that I managed to get issue one out on schedule, and that all the feedback I have had so far is good.
Roll on issue two planned for towards the end of January!
'May night hold you safe in her velvet embrace'
Raven
Site Admin

Postby andrewhawnt on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:40 am

The first issue looks fantastic and there is some truly great material in there. I'm so pleased my work gets to be in there with such other talent! Good luck with taking it to WGW, and good luck with issue two!
andrewhawnt

Postby King_In_Crimson on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:07 pm

I finally had the chance to finish reading Issue One today and thought I would stop by the forum to share my thoughts. Considering it's the first issue, it's amazing how well everything has come together. The magazine as a whole is well presented, and both the writing and the artwork are of a very high standard. It was particularly nice to see a couple of vampire stories included, as a lot of editors tend to shy away from these (never quite sure why this is, as their popularity amongst the reading public never seems to wane :?: ). I am very much looking forward to reading the next issue and finding out what happens next in The Gypsy Curse. It's always satisfying to see your work in print, but it's even better when it's in such illustrious company. Based on what I've seen so far, I think we could be witnessing the beginning of something truly special.

Incidentally, anyone who has read my story (They Come From Below), might be interested to know that the shadowy network of underground passageways and rooms where it is based is an actual place beneath Fleet Street (London). My girlfriend, who used to work in one of the shops above, had the opportunity to go down there once and she described it to me in detail. Not sure whether there are really vindictive Shakespearean fairies :twisted: down there, but you never know.

Well, that's about all I wanted to say. Congratulations to everyone involved with this fine piece of work, particularly to Raven for successfully making her dream a reality. I can't wait to see how things progress.
King_In_Crimson

Postby Raven on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:03 pm

Thank you both for your kind words, and I am glad you were both happy with and enjoyed the first issue.

As regards to vampire stories, you can rest assured that they is always likely to be at least one vamp story in the zine as they are my favorite story theme...so if I don't get any sent in then I would probably put one in of my own... ;)

Issue Two is coming together, I have an issues worth of work for it (good stuff it is too) and so it is just a case of getting to work on the layout etc. I am hoping to get it out mid to late January, so watch this space for more info.
Sneeky peeks coming soon!
'May night hold you safe in her velvet embrace'
Raven
Site Admin

Return to Thoughts And Suggestions